|Established Year||: 1954|
|Address||: St.Mathew's F.C Convent Mukkulam East P.O Idukki Dt|
A parish church was established in Mukkulam village surrounded by verdant hills in 1942. The parish priest realized that the presence of sisters was necessary to ensure the spiritual and moral progress of the poor villagers. Thus a convent was started here in 1954 .The sisters worked hard in co-operation with the parish priest for the integral development of the locality by teaching in St.George High school of the parish and other social welfare programmes.